Friday, September 18, 2009

Why I Write What I Write

If you’ve been following this blog, you’ll see I write on a wide variety of subjects. Even though I often write on “political” topics, my goal is not political. Underlying just about every post is a moral, ethical, or justice issue. My goal is to give you something to think about, pray about, and act upon. I try to give a viewpoint that you won’t find in the mainstream media.

If you’re familiar with the Bible, morality, ethics, fairness and justice are important. We are encouraged to care for the widow and orphan, for the poor, for the marginalized. What I attempt to do in my posts is to apply these biblical principles to today’s issues, whether it is health care reform or religious freedom. I don’t believe I’m partisan – I go after both the Democrats and the Republicans, and try to call it as I see it. I hope what I’ve been writing has given you some insight and perhaps a different slant on current events. Feel free to email me if you would like me to write on any particular topic or have a question you think I might be able to answer.

It is critical that we the voters stay well-informed, and have multiple sources of information so we can intelligently sift through the various competing viewpoints. Benjamin Franklin said:
“A nation of well-informed [people] who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins.”

No comments: