Monday, April 27, 2009

The Thought Police Strike Again

In the recent Miss USA competition, Miss California USA Carrie Prejean was asked whether other states should follow Vermont’s lead in legislating same-sex “marriage.” Her answer cost her the Miss USA title, because it wasn’t politically correct.

Prejean said, “In my family, I … believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.” An honest answer, but as she said, “I knew at that moment, after I’d answered the question, I knew that I was not going to win because of my answer — because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs, and for my God.”

The thought police were not pleased. Perez Hilton, a gay-activist blogger, was the judge who posed the question to Prejean. He called it the “worst answer in pageant history” and called Miss California profane names. “That is not the kind of woman I want to be Miss USA,” he told MSNBC. “Miss USA should represent all Americans. And with her answer, she instantly was divisive and alienated millions.”

I guess if you aren’t politically correct in our thinking, you get called all kinds of names (such as divisive, intolerant, homophobic, hateful, etc.) and get disqualified for whatever position you were striving for. So much for tolerance, respect for those who differ from you, and all that. But you have to give Prejean credit. She said she would give the same answer again. “Bottom line is, I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman,” she told NBC. “It’s not about being politically correct. For me, it was being biblically correct. I wouldn’t change a thing.”

No matter what position we take on any issue, we have to stop this tyranny now. The thought police can not continue to rule this country with an iron fist. We can’t continue to let them get away with this, or we will lose more and more of our freedoms.

Disclaimer: quotes and portions of this post were taken from an article on citizenlink.org.

No comments: