Thursday, December 17, 2009

Brainwashed Americans

I find even devout Christians saying to me “Happy Holidays” rather than “Merry Christmas.” We have become brainwashed by the political correctness crowd. God forbid that we “offend” someone by using the “C” word – Christmas! Oops! I just said the “G” word – God. Unfortunately today God is an exclamation – Oh my God! – rather than the Deity who created the universe. My, how we have fallen!

If you believe that God is more than just some vague Being out there, then don’t allow yourself to be beaten down and brainwashed by political correctness. If somebody is so hate-filled and intolerant that they are “offended” by the word Christmas, then they are a sorry excuse for a human being. They, more than anybody, need the God that they so passionately hate. I like what Ben Stein wrote about Christmas in a letter that has been making the rounds on the Internet. He’s Jewish, but isn’t “offended” by Christmas because he is truly tolerant – unlike those who merely claim to be tolerant but aren’t by any definition of the word. If you want to read his letter, google “Ben Stein’s Christmas Letter.”

As that holy day approaches, I wish you a very blessed Christmas and a happy New Year. And to my Jewish friends, Happy Hanukkah!

No comments: